Сomputer table from Ikea parts

I love Ikea and when I decided to change my computer table I han no doubts that It will be an Ikea table. I had some requirements for my future table: it should be convenient, stylish, not expansive and it shouldn’t be a bulky one. I have a large monitor with a huge heavy stand, so my previous table was enormous. Initially I didn't understand how to solve this problem, but I knew about monitor brackets and choose the one for my monitor.

My huge monitor with giant stand

Another problem was that I had Ikea chest of drawers Rast that didn't fit to my current flat and I knew that I would sell it very cheap. Any way I would not make this table if I had no desire to make my unique table and spend lots of time for this.

Parts for my future table from the shops sites, because I didn't take pictures when I made it.
Tripod Tuarex Alta-13

Chest of drawers Rast. Ikea

Countertop LILLTRÄSK. Ikea
Cable trunking horisontal Signum. Ikea
Trestle. Made to order.
I bought this small furniture legs and nuts in Castorama. The nug is hammered in the bottom of  chest of drawers and the leg is screwed into the nug. You can choose another way to set your table level.




The chest of drawers was painted white. I used one of this paint, I don't remember which one. Actually it could be any white paint for wood, but I prefer waterbased gloss one.


Now we have all part of our table and all we need is to saw off a countertop and bolt the parts together. Fortunatelly, I bought the countertop on adsite and it was sawed off by the previous owner.

Bolt the parts of the table:

1. The chest of drawers was bolted to the countertop in 6 places


2. The trestlу was bolted in 4 places.



3. Cable trunking was bolted as in its instruction.


The result


We can put the laptop into the drawer when we don't need it


Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Make a cat bed from old clothes